Thursday, March 01, 2007

as of tomorrow, or maybe my singapore trip, i will embark on my samurai bunny project. the ones i've had on the right were kind of experiments. but now it will be my artistic endeavour!!

as kuniyoshi's artistic attention was held for most of his life by the chushingura (forty-seven ronin theme), mine seems to be with turning his classic prints into bunnies. they are bushido bunnies even. heehee ..

i'm not trying to compare myself to some super old and dead yet ultra-talented print-master here, and pretty sure there's more than one person out there who thinks i'm bastardising his work, but that's not the intention i assure you. this is just something that started as a whimsical idea when i started this blog, that just happened to grow and grow into something that i want to turn into my first proper artistic endeavour!

bunnies are cute.

No comments: