Wednesday, October 04, 2006

how timely! just after sheepman's post, i found this in my inbox. it's a memo from an associate prof. at SMU to his students, reminding us why it's so useful to be bilingual in english and mandarin !

"
Good morning my dearest students,

Over the weekend and up until this morning 10.00am I have the opportunity to review and comment on several students draft submission of assignment 3. I am very sorry to inform you that there are still room for improvement on the spreadsheet engineering aspect. Please kindly refer to the model answer provided. I am not try to "dick bones out of an egg" - a Chinese proverb, meaning that I looking for impossible. Together with this e-mail, I also enclosed two examples for your perusal. There are more examples in assignment 2.

Comply to specifications or requirements of your clients are very important in the real world practice. I am not going to be regretted if you angry with me or even graded me as a poor instructor if I marked you down. I have given students enough model answers and examples to refer to. You just need to change the can't be borded as long as my answer is correct attitude and be more careful on the requirements. It is not too difficult to comply. PLEASE! "

2 comments:

sheep man said...

if i knew chinese, tt wldn't sound so much like "penis boner out of an egg". but what to do. can't be borded. ;)

Unknown said...

i know chinese and i must confess i've never heard of that one before either. i am so regretted i never compliance with my teachers wishes before and pay more attention in class.