Sunday, October 12, 2008

i recently bought a book on how to make soft toys. only having dabbled at sewing my own mobile phone pouches &c in those bygone days of yore, i thought it'd be interesting to learn some proper skillz.

i've only thumbed through the book, but i thought i'd apply some of my new-found knowledge for the mothership's present since her birthday's coming up in a couple of weeks.

flip side

i think it's rather appropriate that my fledgling attempt at this sewing thing begins with the letter A. the stitching's still rough, my technique requires a lot of refinement and the photo is really rubbish but it was pretty fun doing this. so hurrah! hopefully my interest in making stuffed things will be sustained and the book will be a worthwhile investment.

4 comments:

STUART GOH said...

keep practicing! you'll get quicker and neater after a few projects

Unknown said...

indeed! everybody's getting stuffed animals for christmas this year =D

STUART GOH said...

sew me a "baby" ;þ

Unknown said...

i'll sew you a dead baby.