Tuesday, January 29, 2008

today zoot and i needed to photocopy some documents before putting in a tenancy application. at the internet cafe, we encounted a fobby pimply girl (FPG). this is our tale...

FPG: can i help?
zoot: we just want to photocopy some things
FPG: twenty cent.
me: does the copier accept other coins? like 50 cent or dollar coins?
FPG: twenty cent.
me: yes, i heard. but does it take other types of coins
FPG: no. twenty cent.
zoot: can i change my dollar coin then?
FPG: see first. i think we have not many. how much you need?
zoot, mildly irritated: a dollar. 
FPG: you want how many copy? you want dollar?
by now, zoot's patience is wearing a little thin: 7 pages, i have 2 twenty cent pieces. i need change for a dollar
FPG hands over 5 20-cent pieces and zoot puts a coin in.
FPG: u copy 7 page all the same?
zoot: no. 7 different pages.
FPG: put in coins one by one. 

so, under the watchful eye of FPG, zoot beings what is quite possibly the most inefficient photocopying exercise i've ever ever EVER seen. and after what seems like an eternity, it's my turn. 

me [pointing to what looks like a multiple-document feeder]: do i feed the documents in here face up or face down? 
FPG: you want how many page?
me: 7. can i feed them through the top here? 
FPG [looking at me like i'm retarded]: you put one page, there.
other random asian woman with kerazy hair ve-e-e-e-ery slowly: you put page in there
me: right. okaaay. i got that. it's a photocopier. 

then, much to her chagrin, i pop all 7 of my twenty-cent pieces into the machine so i can copy in a more efficient manner. and i can feel both her and crazy-haired woman staring at me, so after i'm done we leave in a flurry of paper and irritation. 

but then we handed in our applications and probably got distracted by shiny objects and it was all okay again.

2 comments:

monk said...

bias! fobbery! sheep!

Unknown said...

baa