Saturday, March 26, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

before i begin, i would like to tell you all that i'm going to stop abbreviating and using single letters for proper words such as "n" for and and "u" for you. one day i shall actually use capital letters at the start of my sentences, but one must learn to walk before learning to fly yes no?

i was reading a singaporean blogger's blog which linked up to another singaporean blogger's blog and i was wondering, how the hell do people amass such huge followings on their blogs? granted they do write about a lot of issues pertaining to singaporeans' everyday lives (i'm not sure, but the word vernacular could even fit in there somewhere, but geez louise, best asian blog of the year award? how's that happen?! i've been blogging for freakin' ages and yet nobody knows of the stupid loser friends漏 except the people in our own backyard, and maybe even some people not from our backyard but somehow affiliated. but nobody accosts us on the streets and goes "OH MY GAWD!! stupid loser friends漏?! here ?! on the very street i am walking upon??!! i so want to be you? how can i join?" and then we turn them away with a hair-flick and say sorry dude, exclusive club. two members only." knn* ..

oh wait wait i lie. that has happened once, during the crazy lillian incident, and it went something like this..

CL: stupid loser friends? what's that?
Noelle: er. it's a club we have.
CL: oh...can i join?
Me: er...
Noelle: no. sorry...it's a rule. 2 members only. hehe. sorry.

after this, CL spends the remainder of the night doing some sort of strange hair-flipping-esque action by swinging her entire head of 37-year-old hair and giggling like a lunatic. also, she asked noelle to call her if she wanted to head down to orchard to bop to some chinese tunes.

dude, ... no. just ..... no.

godammit i wanna be famous right down to my last bit of belly-button fluff. oh yes. and before i forget, here's what linda sent to me today:" From: Kevin Tiong

Dear Linda

I hope I have the right person. You are a student studying
architecture at UWA and you are from Malaysia. Lily is your aunty and
you are Brennan, Kevin and Melvin's cousin. I found your email address
at the UWA website.

We have seen each other 3 times. The first time was at my house in
Murdoch. The second time was at the Northbridge Chinese restaurant.
The third time was in South Ocean Chinese restaurant. You were very
pretty that night when I saw you at South Ocean Chinese restaurant.

I am interested in getting to know you better. My mobile number is
**********. Send me an SMS if I have switched off my mobile. If you
are interested in getting to know me better you can give me your
mobile phone number and I will contact you.I will be away from 28/3 to 15/4. I will be in Malaysia

Best Regards

Kevin Tiong "

oh linda gurl...you attract the biggest weirdos you really do.

*for you non-hokkien ah bengs, knn = ka ni na, a shortening of the hokkien cuss kan nin na bei chao chee bye .. which very roughly translates to "may you have carnal of your old father's smelly female genitalia". so it doesn't make much sense. but it's like the singaporean ah beng's equivalent of "gosh durnit" i suppose..so anyway now you all know. thanks to bboj for his enlightening instruction on the phonetics of this phrase.


No comments: