Tuesday, May 19, 2009

i sparred for the first time today and it was exciting! of course my 师兄 went totally easy on me to begin with. but he didn't take long to speed up and hit harder and i managed to keep more or less on par! o(^______^)o

i've been wondering for awhile whether i'd actually be able to hold my own in a fight with random punches coming my way and while sparring still involves pulling our punches a bit (without safety gear on), nobody really holds back in terms of speed or sneakiness so it was good. 

totally can't wait for my grading. then i can play with the big kids!

update: i guess this makes me totally not a samuraibunny anymore but that's okay. i'll just retain the name for convenience.

3 comments:

ampulets said...

SB, you learning Kungfu or is this Wii boxing?

Unknown said...

learning 咏春拳!
ip man 3rd generation student =P

ampulets said...

Go for it!